Destination Instance is not visible while migrating under Select your destination site drop down

Rajesh Konda January 13, 2023

Hi Team,

Recently my Organization was acquired by a new company xyz, Both organization are using Jira. As a initial step we want to test few projects migrate from one instance to other.

I have choose the "Migration Cloud Site" (present under Systems) as option for testing few projects. I have Organization Admin rights on both the instance, When i try to select the destination instance the destination instance is not appearing under field, So I tried in reverse went to Destination instance under "Select your destination site" I am unable to find my instance. Can you please guide how can i make visible of destination instance visible on my source instance, please suggest me in resolving the issue ASAP. Thanks

Instances:

Source : https://abc.atlassian.net/

Destination: https://xyz.atlassian.net/

Permission : Organization Administrations on both instance
Issue : Destination site is not visible under "Select your destination site*"

Regards,

Rajesh

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

Hi @Rajesh Konda 

I know you state you have Org Admin in both the source and destination sites - but could you confirm you are an Org Admin as defined in this help page?

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  Thanks for the reply, Issue sorted out.

I am using 2 domain emails, one is for abc the other for xyz. I have been checked with only one of email domain, that's why the other instance URL are not visible Missed the small point, struggled for 1hr later realized the issue.

Problem sorted after granting access to one domain email on both the instance with Organization Admin rights. Thanks again

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

Hi @Rajesh Konda 

Awesome! Glad you found a solution! Good luck with your migration :)

Ste

Like Rajesh Konda likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders