Delete the board view in Business Project

Inesa Gevorgyan November 30, 2021

Hi!
I am new to Jira Software and I have this question about the "board" view in the project that I created. I have it on the side bar, but I want only the "list" view, so I want to delete the board. But whenever I enter to "view all boards" I don't see any boards. 

Can someone please advise me how i can permanently delete that view from that specific project?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi Inesa,

You cannot delete the default board for Business (JWM) projects. Nor can you change much about the board. 

If you do not want a board, you would probably get the Jira Service Management (JSM) product and create a project of that type. 

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Inesa Gevorgyan ,

you simply need to change project type from Software to Business (Jira Work Management

project).

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/edit-a-projects-details/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Inesa Gevorgyan November 30, 2021

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for your reply. But the project type is already Business not Software

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2021

Hi @Inesa Gevorgyan ,

plase, could you share screenshot about your project details and sidebar view?

Inesa Gevorgyan December 1, 2021

Annotation 2021-12-01 092610.pngAnnotation 2021-12-01 092532.png

Is this ok?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2021

Try to reach the following URL https://<site-name>/jira/boards in order to figure out if there's a board associated to your project.

Ciao,

Fabio

Ok, thank you for your help.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2021

Please let me know if you see the project board and if you fixed your issue.

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

There are no any boards created there. It's empty. 

Suggest an answer