Delete organization

Deleted user February 19, 2018

How can I remove organization from Organizations & Security?

By mistake I created the organization twice and now I don't know how to remove duplicate.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Rafal Piekara

4 answers

19 votes
Muru July 10, 2019

In my case, I had accidentally created duplicated organizations while trying to sync with G-Suite. I could delete these organizations by using the "Transfer all products to another organization you administer" function (in Settings -> Details). Of course, there was nothing to actually transfer, but the process worked all the same and the extra organizations were deleted. A side-effect was that all admins got emails that they were made an admin, for each organization that I thus deleted.

Liam H July 11, 2019

@Muru  That's fantastic, thank you for pointing this out! This worked for me. If only Atlassian's documentation was this helpful.

Like # people like this
mli July 19, 2019

@Muru Thanks! 

ronaldo.geldres August 2, 2019

this works for me too, but every time I go to my organization's page it shows me errors, It's so weird, it happens randomly

Sahar Yacout August 6, 2020

@Muru thanks a lot. This really helped. Any idea how to delete a site that was under the old organization and now moved to the new organization?

Appreciate your help

Michael Fritsch August 10, 2022

Thanks a lot, it works! :-)

11 votes
Micha May 28, 2019

@somethingblue 

Why is this rolled out while so many things can not be done? Like removing sites, deleting the organization, etc.?

It is also not working for a user like me who needs to administer different clients.

What can I do?

Michal September 28, 2021

yet another reason for ditching this overpriced piece of cr^H^Hsoft.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Julian Ting September 7, 2022

Hi all, it appears that the organisation deletion feature is gradually being rolled out for both the old and new Atlassian Administration UIs. You can find the documentation on this new feature here:
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/delete-an-atlassian-organization

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Hi Rafal,

Take a look at the knowledge base article Organization administration:

Delete an organization

Organizations cannot be deleted at this time. However, an organization admin can remove all verified all domains which will purge all managed accounts from the organization. 

The issue here is if you created a duplicate with the same info you would need to delete the domain which would in turn delete both of the Organizations at which point you would need to re-add the domain.

Cheers,

Branden

Mario Rader May 23, 2019

@somethingblue,

is there any news on this topic? While trying to connect GSuite, there was a recurring problem, resulting in the same Organization being connected 5 times now. Doesn’t make the experience much nicer, I'm afraid …

Thanks,
Mario

Liam H June 12, 2019

@somethingblue Any update? I need to delete a duplicate organisation but the organisation administration article hasn't been updated with the steps on how to do this.

Like # people like this
Micha August 26, 2019

Atlassian can support! They did that with me.

Ben Thomas May 27, 2021

Can anybody confirm if this can be done or not please? we have some people internally who have created organisations by trialling products but i need them all removed 

Like # people like this
Lewis Cividin August 23, 2022

We also have this issue 

Like Lars Fischer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events