Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Delete organization

Deleted user Feb 19, 2018

How can I remove organization from Organizations & Security?

By mistake I created the organization twice and now I don't know how to remove duplicate.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Rafal Piekara

3 answers

In my case, I had accidentally created duplicated organizations while trying to sync with G-Suite. I could delete these organizations by using the "Transfer all products to another organization you administer" function (in Settings -> Details). Of course, there was nothing to actually transfer, but the process worked all the same and the extra organizations were deleted. A side-effect was that all admins got emails that they were made an admin, for each organization that I thus deleted.

@Muru  That's fantastic, thank you for pointing this out! This worked for me. If only Atlassian's documentation was this helpful.

Like Sahar Yacout likes this

@Muru Thanks! 

this works for me too, but every time I go to my organization's page it shows me errors, It's so weird, it happens randomly

@Muru thanks a lot. This really helped. Any idea how to delete a site that was under the old organization and now moved to the new organization?

Appreciate your help

@somethingblue 

Why is this rolled out while so many things can not be done? Like removing sites, deleting the organization, etc.?

It is also not working for a user like me who needs to administer different clients.

What can I do?

0 votes

Hi Rafal,

Take a look at the knowledge base article Organization administration:

Delete an organization

Organizations cannot be deleted at this time. However, an organization admin can remove all verified all domains which will purge all managed accounts from the organization. 

The issue here is if you created a duplicate with the same info you would need to delete the domain which would in turn delete both of the Organizations at which point you would need to re-add the domain.

Cheers,

Branden

@somethingblue,

is there any news on this topic? While trying to connect GSuite, there was a recurring problem, resulting in the same Organization being connected 5 times now. Doesn’t make the experience much nicer, I'm afraid …

Thanks,
Mario

@somethingblue Any update? I need to delete a duplicate organisation but the organisation administration article hasn't been updated with the steps on how to do this.

Like # people like this

Atlassian can support! They did that with me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,555 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you