Deactivate user menu does not exist

I'm using JIRA on demand and trying to deactivate user that leave the team.

Refer to:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Viewingusers

I have click Edit in Operations column, and there's no Active check box. Where is it?
I have tried remove the user from all groups, but not sure whether this user will count toward JIRA's on demand billing.

Note that, this user is not Project lead or component lead. And we didn't use LDAP

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes

Hi Kittichai,

As far as I know, this feature is not available in OnDemand instance. Below is the explanation quoted directly from our knowledge base article.

If the instance is an OnDemand instance then this feature is not available. The reason being in OnDemand removing user application access is achieved by a different procedure as documented at Managing application access

Hope this clear your doubt.

Regards,
Jing Hwa

Thank you.

After I revoke the user's right, will their existence count toward the number of user Atlassian charge us?

Once the user is deactivated, they will not be counted toward in the Confluence user license count.

Hope this answer your questsion!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

683 views 4 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot