Date format for Due Dates does not conform to settings

Martin Ravell April 15, 2018

If I access an Issue from the All Sprints page the Date Format for the Due Date appears as YYYY/MM/DD. (See attached screenshot)

I have the Date format set as DD/MM/YYYY.

Is this a bug? How do I make the Due Date field conform to the system-wide date format settings? Or is there another setting somewhere for this?

duedate.png

8 answers

3 votes
Matthew Lemens January 22, 2020

Anyone ever going to fix this?

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Hi @Martin Ravell

Where did you set the system wide date format?

I have it set in 'look and feel' section (refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-the-look-and-feel-of-your-jira-applications-802592278.html ) and the jira issue adhere to this setting for due date.

Martin Ravell April 17, 2018

Settings.png

Martin Ravell April 17, 2018

Yep, set in the Look and Feel section.

Did you check what this format setting does for the Issue screen in my original post? I think you will find it has no effect.

Aaron Ho June 28, 2018

I have the same issue.  All date/time format in look and field and advanced settings are set correctly.

Esther Strom December 21, 2018

Eight months later, this still doesn't appear to be fixed. Custom date fields do respect the settings, as do the created and updated dates shown at the bottom of the sidebar, but due date steadfastly refuses to follow. 

Like # people like this
Zdeněk Slezák January 10, 2019

Did you find solution? 

Like Fiona Ruckert likes this
Fiona Ruckert January 15, 2019

We have the same issue.  When will this be fixed?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Hi All,

Please follow the bug with Atlassian on this -> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68381

My screen shot in the answer was from my JIRA server instance. Sorry, did not notice the jira-cloud tag earlier.

Rey Catabay July 25, 2019

This may be related to the issue I'm seeing in my JIRA Cloud instance. When I set a due date to an issue, in the Summary it is showing the wrong date (the day before the actual date I selected).

Daniele August 30, 2019

Same problem with date and time. I using Jira Cloud and when I open an issues (edit/view) the date don't respect the custom setting.

Anna November 8, 2019

We are also experiencing the same issue, and with devs globally, this is a huge annoyance. We are trying to standardize, but this doesn't allow us to.

Barry Gildea January 15, 2021

Same issue here

0 votes
ventofrio January 5, 2021

0 votes
Duane Collings November 12, 2020

I have the same issue. Date picker looks correct at first but then after you save the incorrect date is shown.

0 votes
Robert Knez August 3, 2020

I have same problem, so add me on wait list to

0 votes
Chris Shaffer May 7, 2020

It looks like the same issue is reflected in dates created with the Date Picker. It will respect the set format when selecting the date and on the customer view, but when the issue is created the wrong format used to display the date.

0 votes
Robert W February 11, 2020

Add me to the list as well.  Due Date does not conform (Jira Cloud)

Suggest an answer