Dashboard Gadget

Hemal Jivani June 25, 2022

I want to create a 2-dimensional report in Jira Dashboard for my service management project.

E.g. I want to show the issues by Status and their type. i.e. we had Bugs, features, and support requests and 2 of them are open and 3 of them are resolved etc.. 

I cannot find any existing gadget in Dashboard that can do that. Any help would awesome.  

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

Hi @Hemal Jivani ,

Please follow the steps to configure the dashboard and required gadgets.

1. Create Dashboard, if you want to create or even you can add gadget in system dashboard.Dashboard 1.png

After clicking dashboard it will open one page where you need to give a name of dashboard, view and edit  access to required groups, projects, etc.

dashboard 2.png

2.  Once Dashboard is created, open the dashboard and click on Add Gadget.

dashboard 3.png

3. At the right side of dashboard, you will see the gadget list, search for Two dimensional filter gadget and click on add.

dashboard 4.png

4.  After adding gadget and then click on configure and search for required filter of the project or you can your filter as per your need.  In X- Axis select status and in Y- Axis select Issuetype . dashboard 5.png

5.  After click on Save and the dashboard will look like this.dashboard 6.png

Hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,
Mayur

Hemal Jivani June 27, 2022

@Mayur Jadhav 

Thanks so much for helping out. It seems I was finding the filters within the project but you need to create them in a completely separate operation. 

It worked out well as you explained. Thank you for your help. 

Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

@Hemal Jivani I am glad that above solution is worked for you.

0 votes
Hemal Jivani June 26, 2022

Thank you guys, I am aware of this filter but it does not help when you have a Service management project. Because in the Service management project I cannot create filters that I can use in this filter. And it does not allow me to select a project. 

Hence the challenge. hope someone can answer. 

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2022

@Hemal Jivani  I guess, still you can create the filter and select it, and the filter will be like project = X where is x is your project name and save the filter and follow the same above steps. FYI the screenshot.

JSM.png

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2022

Hi @Hemal Jivani

You should be able to find the following gadget out of the box to your dashboard: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-two-dimensional-filter-statistics-gadget-720416991.htm

Regards

Suggest an answer