Dashboard: Gadget"Zephyr Scale-Test Execution-Test execution scorecard by test cycle"count duplicate

Veronica Gamarra March 12, 2024

As a tester, who found a bug, we link the issue with the fail test, but also there are situations where the same bug blocks/fails other test cases. We link the original bug with all the test cases that affect them. The issue is that this gadget, selected by issue, shows all the test cases affected and not the count of different issues associated with that cycle. 

Precondition 

1. Create a test plan, with a test cycle with some test cases
  2. Create a dashboard with Zephyr Scale-Test Execution-Test execution scorecard by test cycle and set Display scorecard section: Issues

STEPS:

1. On the test player select a test case
  2. Create a bug on the issue section and fail the test case
  3. Select other test cases and link with the same bug and change the status to fail or blocked (this depends on the situation)

Expected result
On the dashboard, the gadget shows the number of different bugs linked 

Current result

The gadget shows the total test cases affected by the bugs and not the amount of different open issues. 

Extra info:

• The current behavior should be ok in case the columns said test cases and not issues. Nevertheless, it would be fantastic to have a place to count the status of the bugs opened as a result of the execution.
  • The picture shows the difference between before and after I left only one reference on the test cases that found the bug, and not all the test cases that failed for the same reason. 

2024-03-12_13h48_40.png

2024-03-12_13h46_29.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

@Veronica Gamarra I chuckled as I reviewed your post here - I could tell it was created by someone in QA. What wonderful detail. Thank you.

While I don't have experience with Zephyr so cannot offer much help, the Zephyr gadget is not a default Jira/Atlassian gadget. Have you tried reaching out to Zephyr/SmartBear about this issue?

Veronica Gamarra March 18, 2024

Hi! Thanks for your comment, I hope you enjoy the report. Having a good bug report helps with more agile communication with the team. 

Thanks for the comment, I reported this here https://community.smartbear.com/discussions/zephyrscale/report-with-issues-calculating/253407/replies/263704   

I already have reported it as an idea. Hope they fix it soon.  

Like Christopher Maxwell likes this
0 votes
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2024

Hi @Veronica Gamarra

I think you can consider trying AgileTest, we use it to track all the issues and defects linked together. Try Test Case Management, we use it to manage all tests and link bugs since all features are integrated and managed via one another. I think its quite convenient. Plus I use their Traceability, it shows all Jira issues, their statuses and defects all linked together.

image.pngimage (1).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events