Custum field to the card layout but it is not in the list

Eric Roetenberg December 20, 2021

Hello

I want to add a custum field to the card layout but it is not in the list how can it be added. the field is of course present on the screen

3 answers

0 votes

Hello Olga 

think everything is in order

sn veld OD project.JPGsn field config.JPG

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Eric Roetenberg

can you elaborate your use case in a bit more detail? Otherwise, it's hard to help you. Some questions to get you started:

1. Are you able to add other custom fields to the card layout?
  2. Can you spot a difference, comparing for a custom field which is working?
  3. Can you provide more details about the field which is not working? Maybe it's related to the type or similar? (Then I can also try to reproduce the behavior on my end)

Cheers,
Matthias.

As an administrator, I can certainly add other fields, including custum fields.

I see no strange deviations to other custum fields I have made a few screen shots

SN veld.JPGSN veld configuratie.JPGcardlayout OD.JPG

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Puuh - I think, you've shared great context, @Eric Roetenberg - unfortunately, I don't have a further idea to help you. You could try asking the Atlassian Support and maybe also reference this post for more context what you've already tried.

Good luck in resolving it!

Cheers,
Matthias.

PS: If you find a solution, it would be great to post it back to here so other people in the future can find it.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

Hello Eric, 

Is the desired field on the screen associated with the issue type?

Also, you configure cards on a board to display up to three additional fields.

BR, Olga

Hello Olga 

think everything is in order see print screens

sn veld OD project.JPGsn field config.JPG

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Okay, 

Let me refer to the question when you open your issue in Jira do you see the desired field there?  How many custom fields do you currently have associated, if you have 3 have you tried removing 1 and adding the desired one? (on the card layout)

Eric Roetenberg December 21, 2021

There are now 2 fields linked I do not see the field in the list again

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

When you open and edit your screen do you see that filed on the list?

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Forgot to ask, is your project company-managed or team-managed (used to be known as next-gen)

Because if you are using team-manged projects you cant customize fields shown on the card

"As of today, it is only possible to show the due date, the priority field, and the estimation field when they are configured on an issue type."

Feature request.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17336

Eric Roetenberg December 21, 2021

Project is company-managed 

veld in scherm.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin