Customizing Filter Results gadget in Jira Dashboard

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi!
I am working on customizing a few things in Jira Dashboard. I have a filter results gadget added to the dashboard and willing to do the following things if possible:

• I want the “status” column header renamed to “TM status” AND the Sub-task column header to “TM Task”
  • Give the Sub-Tasks its name (KEY) as “Threat Model Task - 1” (instead of DEV-x).
  • Add a descript to the gadget that explains what each column means.

JNEJHjE

Is any of the above-described things possible? If so, please guide me to the docs or give me an idea to do this. It would be a great help from your side. Thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Hi @Jamshaid ,

These are interesting customizations, but I don't think it's possible to apply them directly in the filter results gadget.

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2021

is there any way I could get it done indirectly or using any plugin?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

This indeed seems a bit odd or rather it seems very specific to one project. Is that the case? The point being is I wouldn’t think you’d want to make those changes for all projects that are in Jira, but I could be mistaken. In any event your best recourse is to go to marketplace. atlassian.com and search for apps that will present customizable filter results.

Like Aleksey Krakhmalev likes this
Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2021

Yeah. It is specific only for a single project for now. I couldn't find any relevant plugin

Could you please share any? Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events