Custom reports in company managed projects

Akira MIKI April 5, 2023

Hi,

We tried to create custom reports according to the following guide, but cannot find "New report" (can only see "All reports") under Reports.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-a-new-custom-report/

Could you please explain how custom reports can be enabled?

Thanks and Regards,
Akira

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Akira MIKI welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

The KB you're referencing is for Jira Service Management and your current post is tagged as Jira Software Cloud. 

If you are indeed using Jira Software Cloud and using a company-managed project then from what I recall, Jira does not natively provide custom reports for Jira Software. 

See this thread: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Creating-custom-reports/qaq-p/1672590

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Akira MIKI April 5, 2023

Thank you for your answer @Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions .

I see that company managed software projects do not support custom reports.
Are they supported in team-managed software projects?

Thanks,
Akira

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Akira MIKI , 

No problem at all. 

It doesn't appear to be the case either. I've just checked it on one of my test projects. 

See below: 

Capture3.PNG

In the thread I linked earlier there was a suggestion to use native gadgets and saved filters to generate the required reports or look into a 3rd party app for additional reporting capability. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Akira MIKI April 5, 2023

Thanks a lot Ash.
We will try leveraging native gadgets and saved filters.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events