Creating custom reports

CQ April 23, 2021

Hi I'm following this doc:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-your-own-custom-reports/

But I am not seeing where "New Report" is in step 2.

I am a Jira Admin.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi @CQ , 

you need to click on the "Reports" entry on the left panel, then choose "New report" at the bottom. See below screenshots : 

Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 14.53.39.pngScreenshot 2021-04-23 at 14.53.59.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

CQ April 23, 2021

Thanks Alexis,  

I don't have that option listed in my project reports.  Is there another setting somewhere to enable it?

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.00.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.01.24 AM.png

CQ April 23, 2021
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2021

Hi @CQ , 

looks like you're in a Software project, not a Service project : that's why these reports are not available.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

@CQ 

You are definitely working with a Company Managed (classic) project and not a Team Managed (next gen) project, as per the text showing at the bottom of the navigation pane images you posted.

Can you confirm that you are Service Management project? The documents links provided are about creating custom reports for Service Management projects. The images you posted of your options lead me to think that you are working with a Software project set up with a Scrum board.

A Service Management project should show "Service project" below the project name at the top of the navigation pane, as shown in the images posted by @Alexis Robert 

CQ April 26, 2021

correct, it is a "software project"

Sean Grant December 14, 2022

@Alexis Robert @Trudy Claspill so does that mean that software project cannot create customer reports? 

Is that by design? 

Our organization has different KPI that we need to report that we can't do with the out of box reports. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

@Sean Grant 

Jira does not natively provide free-form report creation for the Jira Software project type.

There are a variety of gadgets available natively in the Dashboard that can be based on Saved Filters which may help you get the report you need.

Or you can export the results of a Saved Filter to CSV and manipulate the data in another tool like Excel.

Or In the Atlassian Marketplace you can find a number of third party apps that provide additional reporting capabilities.

Sean Grant December 16, 2022

Thanks @Trudy Claspill I see there is a Jira->google sheet plugin I might explore with saved filters.

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2022

@Sean Grant and everyone else exploring apps and options for custom Jira Service Management reporting, I recommend this article about a collection of dedicated JSM Excel reports that are possible out-of-the-box with Better Excel Exporter for Jira (a paid and supported app).

Suggest an answer