Custom fields in default screens

Marc Demhartner November 23, 2017

Hello,

I configured various "custom fields" in JIRA which i added to the screens "Default Screen", "Resolve Issue Screen" and "Workflow Screen".

If I create a project the automatically created screens do not contain the fields from the "Default Screen"/"Resolve Issue Screen"/"Workflow Screen" and i have to manually add them afterwards.

How can i configure JIRA to use these fields automatically?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Orzaiz (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hey Marc,

Something you could do is to create a new project using the Create with Shared Configuration option so once you create that, the new project will share the configuration of the project you choose to be a template.

If this does not do it, please check if the project you created is using the correct screen scheme, and see if the screen scheme is using the custom fields you newly created.

Let us know if this suited you or you're still facing that issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Martin 

0 votes
Marc Demhartner November 24, 2017

Thank you so far, thats really bad that they disabled this feature. I will definitly vote for it

0 votes
Marko Filipan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Marc,

this feature was previously available on older JIRA versions - new projects automatically inherited Default Issue Type Scheme (where you could bound your created screens to each type of ticket).

There is an opened suggestion ticket to add this feature again, please take a look: New Projects no Longer Inherit the Default Issue Type Scheme and Default Workflow.

I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward. For more details on how Atlassian handles and prioritizes new feature requests, please refer to the [Implementation of New Features Policy|https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html].

However, if you have already have project with this configuration that you want to use with newly created projects, you can use shared project configuration in a step of creating project. This way, your new project will inherit configuration of one of your other projects you desire. Read more about it here:
Creating a project - shared configuration.

shared-config.jpeg

Please let us know if this works for you.

Cheers,

Marko Filipan

Suggest an answer