Custom field - table

Ron Jacob March 7, 2018

Can we have custom field in Jira as table ? 

4 answers

0 votes
Hailin Zhang November 28, 2018

A workaround is using Jeditor template + prepopulation. Get table's html code and put into a JEditor template. Like the template with any Richtext custom field via Jeditor prepopulation.

On jira ticket creation screen, the table will be displayed in the  custom field automatically.

sbhutada March 18, 2019

@Hailin Zhang Can you provide an example of how you would do that using Jeditor template?

Hailin Zhang March 18, 2019

Hi @sbhutada ,

If you have JEditor plugin installed, you can go to add-ons>Jeditor configuration>Templates to create a new template. HTML codes are accepted.

Then go to JEditor configuration>Prepopulation to add a new Prepopulation Scheme for certain project/issuetype/field like below

example.png

Go to the target jira project file configuration to use JEditor renderer for the field configured in the prepopulation.

After above steps, you can have a table prepopulated on jira creation screen.

You can self define HTML code to what you want. Not sure whether the code supports JSP as I haven't try it.

Regards

Hailin

sbhutada March 18, 2019

@Hailin Zhang Here I have posted the use case, please throw some light and let me knowits ots possible -

Create a custom field table

sbhutada March 19, 2019

@Hailin Zhang nvm, I just found it

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

There is no "table" custom field in Jira.  You will need to use one of the add-ons that can provide it - see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira&query=table for them

0 votes
Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Hi @Ron Jacob

there is now default custom field in Jira for tables, but there should be some apps for it in the Atlassian Marketplace. 

I have no experience with them, so unfortunately I cannot recommend you one. Sorry.

Best,

Nic

JIra Admin March 9, 2018

Can any provide me help in Table custom field (whoevr has used this before)

Suggest an answer