Custom field showing 3 values instead of 1

Myles Tzelepis September 20, 2022

2022-09-20_9-02-23.jpgPer the screenshot. This custom field when added as column always presents this way. It is a label field.

Any ideas on how to resolve? (single entry/single line)

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Labels fields can hold multiple values, but they should not be duplicated.

My guess is that there is something odd in your label names, like alternate characters or nonbreaking spaces.

Quick test - go to advanced search and type in

GSS Code = "N

and see how many options it offers in a drop-down.

are you referring to JQL query? or text search within advanced search

2022-09-20_17-22-28.jpg

In an advanced search with Basic Filter -  GSS code = All    it displays two rows

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

No, I was asking you to tell us how many options it offers to you when you start typing the query.  Not the results.

2022-09-20_17-29-55.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022

And what do you get when you try what I asked?

no results.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

Ok, so this looks like a bug to me, it definitely needs to go to Atlassian. 

That labels column should be empty.  

But could you do one last quick thing for us?  Go to the issue view of the issue this is happening for and find the bit that shows us the current value of the field (I'm assuming you have not changed it since reporting this problem) and tells us what that is showing - blank?  3 nones?  Something else?

Myles Tzelepis September 21, 2022

a single None

Its also not exclusive to that single issue. All issues are showing the same behaviour. Even if they have a value in them.

They will show eg.   EES/GSS  and the next row will "None"  and another row "None" 

2022-09-21_9-00-49.jpg2022-09-21_8-59-33.jpg

per last two screen shots.   Same issue represented in List view VS Issues view.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

I can't see anything wrong with your screenshot - you seem to have a perfectly valid value for GSS code for all the issues in it.

But, there's too little to see what it is a screenshot of.

its two screenshots... in one message.  showing the same issue.  with the GSS code represented two different ways. 

in the list view screenshot, clearly shows a single entry in the column. looks correct and normal. In the screenshot ABOVE it, is the same issue (task), but the column has the value but also that second row with a value 'None'. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

Again, there's too little to see what the screenshot is of, so there's not a lot I can read from it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2022

However, other people have reported the display bug you are seeing, and it really does look like a bug (you're doing nothing wrong, not even mis-reading, I'm 99.99% sure there's something iffy happening with label fields in some Cloud systems)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events