Custom field missing from issue type

Peter Bucknell September 16, 2020

I've created a custom field however i'm finding it impossible to add my new field to an existing issue type (user story). Its been associated with all screens and its available on all issue types and it isn't hidden however i can't get it to appear. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

If you click on "create" and get the create issue dialogue, can you hit "configure fields" at the top right?  Is your field enabled in there?  You might find "where's my field" tells you more as well.

Its not there under 'custom' and i don't see an option to select 'where's my field'

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

Ah, if you don't have "where's my field", then you are in a Next-gen project.

These do not use screens or field configs in the same way as Classic projects.

Go to the project settings -> Issue types and select "user story".  That's where you can add fields to an issue type for Next-gen

Hmm, i dont have the option to add fields there. If i select 'edit' it allows me to edit the description or issue type avatar. There doesn't seem to be an option to add fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2020

That's the project settings, you need to follow the rest of the clicks I mentioned to get to the issue type configuration.

Ok, i managed to figure it out when i found the next gen documentation around how to add custom fields. Thanks a lot for your help!

0 votes
Sramanth Pandeti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

Hi @Peter Bucknell Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I see that you have already done few validations. Can you also check 1) if there is a custom field context set for the field (Custom fields -> context). 

2) If you're using the create button to create the story, use the configure fields to see if the field is hidden from the view.

Let me know if this still doesn't help.

Hi there!

Yep, i've set the context. Here's a screenshot... 

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events