Custom Status Label markdown

Kam Miah April 16, 2021

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can use the Custom Status Label as either markdown or some other format so that I can add it to an automation rule which updates the issue description.

image.png

I think on Confluence you can use {status} but doesn't work on Jira Software (Cloud).

We have the option to add the panels but can't seem to find anything for status labels.

h1. Checklist

{status:colour=Green|title=On track|subtle=true}

{panel:bgColor=#ffebe6}
This error panel

h2. heading 2

h3. heading 3

* List 1 {status:colour=Green|title=On track|subtle=true}
* List 2 {status:colour=Red|title=On track|subtle=true}
{panel}

If it does not exist, I will submit a suggestion to add.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Can you clarify what you are trying to accomplish? I don't think I understand what you are actually trying to implement or what purpose it will serve.

Kam Miah April 17, 2021

Hi Trudy,

I am simply trying to add custom status label when updating the description via automation rule.

For example:

image.png

We can add panels by using the following in the description:

{panel:bgColor=#ffebe6}
Error info panel
{panel}
image.png

I need to update ticket descriptions with custom status labels when they transition to a different status.

Thanks

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

When I use browser tools to inspect the source of a Confluence page that has one of those Status elements, this is the code it shows. I don't think you can use this directly in the mark down in JIRA.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 11.31.11 AM.png

I have not found any solution in my searching, but I did find somebody asked a similar question in 2019

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-write-the-wiki-markup-for-a-lozenge/qaq-p/976337

Chris Matkaris November 24, 2021

Hello @Kam Miah ! That is a great idea!

Have you been able to implement this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events