Creating users via invite caused mismatch of usernames between internal and Microsoft active direc

Jason Yeung June 23, 2021

Hi,
Normally I create users by sending the invite to the emails. Once they accept, a JIRA user will be created. It will be linked to our active directory.

What happened recently is that I sent an invite and the email recipient accepted the invite. A user was created, but it saved it in the Jira Internal directory instead. The username of this user matches his user in AD (e.g. "hitesh")

I deleted this user and sent him another invite, which he accepted. a user is created and it is linked to our active directory. However the username is his first and last names ("hitesh sharma"). He tried to log in using this account, but it's not allowing him to log on. I think it's trying to check the AD account "hitesh sharma", but this account doesn't exist in AD. (it's "hitesh"). When he tries "hitesh", it's not letting him in because this account doesn't exist in JIRA.

I was wondering how do I change the jira account "hitesh sharma" to "hitesh" so he can log in.

Sincerely,

Jason

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events