Creating child issues - problem or bug?

Margarita Levanovich February 9, 2021

I'm the admin of a 6 users Jira, 1 project (next-gen), ca. 30 stories with 5-15 child issues each. Problem: adding a new child issue. Yellow triangle appears with "check your connection" or whatever on both my home, second home and work wifi, so it's not the connection. Page reload deletes this child issue "draft".
The more often I try to add new child issues, the more often the problem appears. In addition, tasks load slowly (3 s each). We wanted to add more users and more tasks, but I fear it's impossible if the problem remains.
Does anyone have a similar one? What should be done to solve it?

3 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Hello @Margarita Levanovich,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that the error message that appears is very generic and doesn’t point to the cause.

Checking similar cases, the issue happens most on Classic projects due to some field configuration, but this is not available on next-gen.

Can you please open the developer tools on your browser and check the console tab if it shows any error when you try to create sub-tasks/child issues?

Please, send us a screenshot of the errors, just make sure to hide private information.

Are you able to create any child issues? I’m asking because there was a similar issue where it was possible to create just the first child issue and then, the error appeared for the other tentatives.

When did this issue start? 

If you can’t create any child issues, can you please go to the Cog icon > Issues > Sub-tasks to check if it’s enabled?

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Hi Margarita - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I will check with Atlassian to see if someone can help you. 

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

That ammount of users can't be the cause neither since there are thousands of installations with thousands of users each and they don't have this issue.

Your sysadmyn should examine why that yellow triangle appears. That message assumes there's a connection problem since jira detects it can't reach "something", I guess.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events