Creating an issue in Jira Software once a JSM ticket is approved.

Anthony Carter April 19, 2024

I am working both JSM and JS Data Center on separate instances.  I have not been able to find a way to create an issue in JS once a JSM ticket has gone through it's approval process automatically.  When I go into Global Automation and try to create the flow, I can not see the projects in JS from JSM or vise versa.  I have both applications linked to each other bi-directional, I even have the projects linked together.  Can anyone provide more guidance?

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi @Anthony Carter and welcome to the community!

You'll want to validate that your rule scope is either multiple project or global (you can find this on the Rule Details screen).  You also need to make sure that you and your rule actor have sufficient licensing/permissions on all projects involved.

If this doesn't help, please share a screen shot so we can have more insights into the problem.

Anthony Carter April 26, 2024

Thanks for the reply @Mark Segall , when I go into my rule details I see that it is set to All Projects.  However there are no other projects to select from other than the JSM project I created.  Unfortunately I can not provide screen shots of my instance due to Classification policies.  Is it even possible to have automation flows across multiple projects using application links? or do the applications need to be installed on the same instance?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Sorry I did not catch that this was across instances.  Correct that you will not see the project.  However, you could look into doing this through the API using the Send Web Request action.

Anthony Carter April 26, 2024

I will have to try this.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events