Creating a report that details total number of Service Request open on a specific date

Mike Kenneally March 17, 2021

I'm trying to create a report that will detail exactly how many requests were open on a given date. We already have a report will tell us how many tickets were created & resolved but not what the total of how many were open. 
Apologies, new to JIRA so looking for guidance.

Thanks 

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Mike Kenneally

I could think of a query like the following which would show you the issues "In Progress" for a specific day:

project = DEMO AND status WAS "In Progress" DURING (2021-02-19, 2021-02-20)

Regards,
Daniel

Mike Kenneally March 24, 2021

Awesome ! - thanks a bunch @Daniel Ebers 
That gives me what I'm after - is there a way to refine this to use the current date - 90 days and provide just a count for each day ?
Thanks

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

how will you input the given date? If this is static and you just want to find everything created say yesterday...

createdDate >= startOfDay(-1) and createdDate < startofday()

or a specific day of say March 16, 2021...

createdDate >= 2021-03-16 and createddate < 2021-03-17

Mike Kenneally March 18, 2021

Thank you for this - looking at my question again and I could have worded it better I think. I already have reports to provide how many tickets were opened and how many were resolved for last 7, 30 & 90 days. What I don't have is a way to report on how many Service Requests in total were open (so I guess in an Unresolved state) on a given date.

Jana Jäger June 12, 2023

Have you founda solution then, Mike?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

Hi @Jana Jäger ,

The following JQL query example will give you the total number of issues opened for project abc on a given date (July 28, 2022) from midnight until 11:59 PM.

project = abc and (created > 2022-07-28 and created < 2022-07-29)

Does this meet your needs or are you looking for something different?

Jana Jäger June 12, 2023

Thank you a lot, @Jack Brickey

Can you by chance also help me to get a report of the number of requests per customers? I would need to see every customer at once and their amount of requests for a specific time period (e.g. last year/month)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2023

Hi @Jana Jäger ,

For your requirement does the term "customer" refer to an individual creating a ticket or two and organization that consist of mini JSM Customers?

if it is by individual creator, then I would simply use Order by creator in my JQL. For example, if I want to find issues created in Q1 - Q4 of each quarter then I would do the following.

Q1 of current year - 

created >= 2022-01-01 AND created <= 2022-03-31 order by creator DESC

Then create the three other quarterly JQL filters and save them. Next, I would create a quote "last year" dashboard and add a gadget for each filter. Select the columns that you desire in your display.

Now, if you wanted to do the latter, where you could group all of the issues under the organization, then unfortunately, it's not as simple. There is not an order by organization or creator in membersof() an organization within the JQL syntax. However, there is a means of doing this with a bit of effort. This has been discussed a number of community posts. I found this one where Sergey does a good job of explaining the solution in my opinion. 

Sort-Queues-by-Organisation 

by the way, here is the outstanding Jira request to add this capability. I would suggest voting and watching if you're interested. JSDCLOUD-4548 Field Organization is not sortable by JQL 

finally, the above details may be off the market a bit as it really depends on exactly how you want to see the information. In the end, I'm confident you can find a solution to achieve your goal, even if you have to step outside of Jira and look to a add-on or simply use Excel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events