Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating a common board for several projects

Edited
Liza I'm New Here Dec 05, 2021

Hey! I am new to Jira. I would be very grateful for your help. I have several separate projects. I can create a common board in Jira for all of them, combine in another place (as an additional project)? Those. so that the rest of my projects are separate, with separate boards. + bottom common board for all

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Liza 

Welcome to the Jira community.

Adding to what @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ said:

Are those separate projects Team Managed projects or Company Managed projects? The navigation pane on the left will say at the bottom as you view each project.

Are those projects/teams using Scrum boards or Kanban boards, or some of each?

You can manually create an additional board by navigating to Boards list screen

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 9.43.00 AM.png

...and then clicking the Create Board button. You can base the new board on a Saved Filter that retrieves the issues from multiple projects, as Nic noted.

However, if the separate projects that you want to combine to display in one board include Team Managed projects, your new board will not function the same way as the boards that were created automatically for the Team Managed projects. Refer to the comments I added to this article for some of the glitches that occur:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Multiple-boards-in-Business-and-Team-Managed-Projects-You-bet/ba-p/1719761

3 votes

Welcome to the community!

A board is a view of a set of issues, and a project is a container for issues. 

You can't have "an additional project" for issues, because an issue belongs to a single project, it can't be in many projects (that's the whole point of projects - they contain issues)

But a board can select for almost anything you want.  Most boards work off a simple "project = x" filter, as it is a simple and intuitive default, but you can change that to anything you want, including things like "Project in (xxx, yyy, zzz)"

On your board, go to configure board -> general, and look at the filter it is using, you can edit it in there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

385 views 18 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you