Create ticket from html form using servicedeskapi

Raj Khaitan January 5, 2021

I am trying to create a support ticket from an html form. How would we make the call to the /rest/servicedeskapi/request and get the data from the form and send it to my project?

2 answers

0 votes
Kate Caldecott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Raj Khaitan 

Another option if they all have jira licences, then it may be even easier to use the free version of ProForma Lite.

You could create a good looking form with conditional logic and use ProForma's "issue form feature".  

The feature allows users to create Jira issues directly from ProForma forms and you can also create a link to the form which can be include the link in notifications, Confluence pages etc.

As I said, you need to have a Jira licence for the above but it does give you the option of more design options.

Good luck with it.

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Raj Khaitan 

Have you considered using ServiceDesk Widget instead or better Jira's Issue Collectors rather than reinvent the wheel?

Raj Khaitan January 6, 2021

I would use issue collector but I am trying to do this while integrating with Pendo. They provide a template for forms and popups on your site. This is why I need to use API call to servicedesk.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events