Create the same sprint in two different boards in the same project

Matthieu PEPIN
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2019

I've two Scrum board to treat two phases of issues' flow. When I create a sprint in the first backlog board, the same sprint is not created in the other backlog board. Is there way to create the same sprint in the two boards ?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hello Matthieu,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Are you needing to create the exact same sprint with the same issues on both boards? Or you just want to create a new sprint with the same name and different issues on the other board?

As you may know, Sprints are not related to projects or boards, but to issues itself. That being said, if you want the same Sprint to be displayed on two different boards, you just need to have issues from both boards added to the Sprint and it will automatically appear on both boards.

Now, if you want to automatically create an additional Sprint with the same name on a different board every time you click to create a new Sprint, this is something you can not do at this moment on JIRA, however, maybe some add-on could provide you with this functionality.

Can you please let us know exactly what you are trying to achieve so we can search for any options that may help you?

Suggest an answer