Create multiple issues with one email

Elizabeth Clasgens September 13, 2022

We have a need to create multiple issues (different Projects) at the same time with the same details.  Each team has a different Project and specific problems needs to be assigned to each Project as the teams handle different aspects of the issue.  

We use the Jira software to automatically create JIRA tickets via the incoming mail handler.  This process works great if you only need one issue created.  I want to avoid sending 4 emails, each with a different Catch Email Address.  JIRA software only allows creation of 1 issue and it is the first Catch Email Address that is CC'd.

Does anyone know if JEMH or Email This Issue/JETI can handle creating multiple issues with just one email?  I've read the information for each of those apps in Marketplace and don't specifically see my need addressed.

Thanks in advance for your expert advice!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

You may want to take a look at automation, it allows you to create new issues and copy the information over from the original issue. If you go to project settings > automations you have an automation library with lots of examples.

Elizabeth Clasgens September 13, 2022

Thanks Mikael, works perfectly!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders