Create linked issue screen not showing all projects

Brent Lee February 26, 2024

One of the members of the Service Desk team is unable to see all the projects in the dropdown.

Using the permission helper I've checked any and all permissions that seem even remotely relevant. He has the Link Issues, Browse projects, Assign Issues, Create Issues, Edit Issues. Modify Reporter,  Move Issues, Resolve Issues, and Transition Issues. He also has those permissions in the intended target project.

I can't possibly think what it could be at this point. Is there anything I'm missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2024

Hello @Brent Lee 

What happens if the user tries to type in the name of the project, reducing the list of potentially matching project?

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 4.57.49 PM.png

Easton Madsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

Hey y'all I'm the service desk member in question. When I try to type in any groups into my search bar they just don't show up. This happens for every ticket I have. I've tried full names and call acronyms but nothing is popping up.No Groups.jpgNo Groups 2.jpg

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

@Easton Madsen 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Have you confirmed that you can access those projects directly, from the Projects > View All Projects page?

Have you tried in another browser or private browser window (like Chrome Incognito)?

Easton Madsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

I can see all projects from the View All Projects Page. And trying it on Edge instead of Chrome doesn't have any affect.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2024

@Easton Madsen 

From the View All Projects page can you click through and actually see the issues in the projects?

Are you able to create issues directly in the projects where you are trying to create linked issues?

@Brent Lee 

Does Easton have a Jira Software license, and not just a Jira Service Management license?

Brent Lee February 27, 2024

@Trudy Claspill He does have the Service management license. The issue was my own. 

I fat fingered giving the service desk team the Create issue and had clicked Close Issues. The other team members had been in an entirely unrelated group that was migrated from Jira Server that had been assigned Project Team. 

I don't know if I should accept your answer even though you helped see something wasn't adding up!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2024

I'm glad you found the problem!

You could add your own Answer to your Question and then accept your own Answer. :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events