Create child issues under Epics in the Roadmap

Melanie Frasier September 21, 2022

Whenever I try to create a new child issue under an Epic in the Roadmap, the issue defaults to a BUG. How do I change it to default to a different issue please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hello @Melanie Frasier 

Is this for a Company Managed project? In that case you need to change the Default Issue type set in the Issue Type Scheme associated with the project.

Yes, this is a company managed project. I am not sure how to change the default issue type set. Please direct me. Thank you.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

In your project go to Project Settings. In the new navigation pane on the left expand Issues and select Types. You should get something that looks similar to this. This is just a sample from a test instance I have. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.08.44 PM.png

Click the Actions button and select Edit.

Update the Default Issue Type field and click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.10.00 PM.png

Thank you! I found it however, the default issue type cannot be changed per epic, correct?

Got it, thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events