Create a transition based on reporter?

Rory Campion January 28, 2021

I'm trying to clear up our service desk at the moment and to help the team have created a button to close any tickets deemed as noise. That's all fine and works great via a transition with post functions.

However, we also have a second type of noise we need to categorise (coming from automated jobs where we need the first instance so we can send to the relevant team, but the subsequent tickets that come in can be classified as noise). If I try to add a second transition to do this the buttons go into a dropdown (trying to avoid any extra clicks, looks like the max buttons I can get are 2 and we already have an existing one for another transition), have tried a couple of fixes for this on our UAT instance and can't get any more buttons to show.

So I was wondering if I can add something to the existing transition to check for the reporter, if it matches certain reporters it will categorise as one type of noise, if not it categorises as the other type.

Hope that makes sense.

1 answer

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Rory Campion,

The clean solution would be:

1. You already have one transition to close as Noise.
  2. You will need Scriptrunner or some third-party app for this. Have an if-else loop in the post function.
  3. You can use the Resolution field to distinguish the type of Noise.

If that is not possible, then you can take a look at Customize how transitions appear - you can change the number of transition buttons or change the order of the buttons.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Suggest an answer