Create a SIMPLE roadmap

Sharon Eaton August 25, 2022

To enable or disable the roadmap function in company-managed projects:

1. From your board, select More (•••) in the top right corner, then select Board settings.

2. Select Roadmap from the list, then turn the toggle off to disable the roadmap feature for your project.

To enable or disable the roadmap function in team-managed projects:

1. In your project, select Project settings from the left-menu, then select Features.

2. In the Roadmap section, turn the toggle off to disable the roadmap feature for your project.

My Question: 

Where is this: 

1. From your board, select More (•••) in the top right corner, then select Board settings.'

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

It is exactly what it says it is.

Go to your board, and look at the rows of icons and text on the far right hand side of the page. 

The first row will be search / bell / ? / cog /profile-icon in the main Jira header menu

Underneath them, you should see lightning-bolt / star / configure sprint / sharre-icon / ...

You may get some variations in both of those rows, depending on your permissions and which board you are on.

If the ... does not appear at all, then you'll need to talk to the board owners about getting permissions to work with the board.

Sharon Eaton August 30, 2022

Sorry - looked and looked and clicked all over the place and could not find this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

You'll need to talk to the board administrators then, you don't have any access to configure the board.

I am the board administrator!

I did figure it out eventually though - it took 2 days and I have no recollection of how I did it!

Searching for Gantt in help produced no results but I did receive this from a contributor:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1227063/gantt-chart-planner-roadmap-timeline-for-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud&utm_medium=atlassian-community&utm_source=questions&utm_campaign=20220826

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Plan-Projects-and-Roadmaps-with-Gantt-Charts-in-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1929687

I'm finding the community very helpful so thanks for responding, perhaps I did not ask my question clearly enough - I obviously didn't even know how to get to the board to even see the more....

Lots of support here for complex stuff but when you are starting out, it's too much, baby steps are needed with no assumptions of any complicated tacit knowledge.

The search for help needs to be updated too - no results for basic key words!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Yeah, I know, I've spent 19 years telling people "Jira always looks complex when you first start using it, there's just so much of it". I still lose things in the UI, especially when they update it.

Did you find the ... in the end?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events