Create a Confluence page in workflow postfunction

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hi,

We would like to create Confluence pages including data from the current issue when the issue is transitioned to a specific status.

Is there any way to achieve this in Jira Cloud?

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

One solution that comes to my mind would be using automation and an iPaaS like tray.io or workato to create Confluence pages via the REST API. We use that to trigger workflow steps in Okta for specific requests among other things.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg ,

thank you very much, this sounds at least like a possible solution, although I had the hope, that some App might provide such a solution, so that we don't need an extra service.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

I am wondering if automation for Confluence would solve this for you once it is released... Then you would not have to use an extra service for it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events