Create Issue is not working

helhadad June 27, 2021

Hi Support/Community,

I am new user to Jira, and register for the free tier. I have created a project however, if I tried to create an issue, nothing happened. There is no filter on issues, also, I checked my permissions. I am the only one of the site (admin/user).

As shown below:

Tried to click the create button (no response)

Tried to click on the "create an issue" link below, and no response.
Appreciate your help

Regards,

Creat_Is_Not_Working.gif

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2021

You could start to troubleshoot by using the browser developer tools to determine what sort of events are being logged.

Depending on the browser you are using, open the developer tools, refresh the page and click on 'Create' again and pay attention to the 'Console' and 'Network' tab. Could you please paste what you're seeing from those two tabs (in red)?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2021

Also, do you have an addblocker or other browser plugins running that could interfere? (like a Noscript)

Like Airbus Driver likes this
helhadad June 29, 2021

Thanks @Airbus Driver 
Below is what I found from console when I clicked the create issue link:
HsCap_00137.jpg

helhadad June 29, 2021

Thanks @Dirk Ronsmans 

No, I do not have any ad-blocking plugins. Also, I enabled all site cookies! 

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Thanks for sharing @helhadad . Just out of curiosity, have you tried a different browser?

Here is a historic thread which I hope might help - "Create" button doesn't work to create issues . Some of the things that were discussed in that thread were;

- Add-on was creating issues

- Some Chrome apps were causing issues

Like helhadad likes this
helhadad July 4, 2021

Thanks @Airbus Driver 

I installed Mozilla Firefox and worked fine there.

Like Airbus Driver likes this
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2021

Great to hear, @helhadad ! Sounds like there might have been some add-ons on Chrome which were conflicting and causing issues?

Ellynet Solutions LTD September 9, 2021

I was faced with the same issue. Opening JIRA in different browsers (Brave, Firefox) in standard and private windows did not help.

What worked for me was disabling all extensions. I then enabled one extension at a time to identify the one that was preventing the create button to work correctly.

Zoho's Notebook Web Clipper extension was the cause for the button not to work. 

Note: Developer tools showed Javascript errors, so every time you enable an extension clear the cache and reload the page then try clicking on the create button.

Mohammad Hamza October 28, 2022

Facing an issue while creating an AIO test case.  

First of all test case is not created successfully, it took a lot of time to load dialogue box window. 

after inputting test case title and jira requirement field -> press "create case" button. Case is not created just page is loading. no created case is  reflected at the AIO Test window. 

fortunately, case created , edit step feature is not working.

Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2022

Hi @Mohammad Hamza 

Request you to please reach out to AIO Tests Support Team. We will help resolve any issues you are facing.

You can also setup time with them to go through the application in detail via our calendar.

Hoping to hear from you!

Regards,
AIO Tests Team (Noopur)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders