Copy link to comment

Moria February 20, 2021

Hi there,

I didn't quite get the functionality of "copy link to comment" in the comments section.
What it does and how should I use it?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2021

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 11.16.15 PM.png

Oh hey, that's a permalink.

The idea is that if you have a Jira ticket with a really long history, you can get a link to the ticket that will jump directly to that comment.

For example, here's a link to the latest comment on this oldie but a goodie from 12 years ago!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-18012?focusedCommentId=2656407&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-2656407

Moria February 21, 2021

Cool! Thank you for the explanation ;)

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2021

No problem. Oh hey could you please mark this answer as "correct" so that others might find it when they search? Thanks!

1 vote
Kevin Bonds December 7, 2021

For anyone stumbling on this looking for a solution (as I was), you can right-click the timestamp, on the message in question, and copy that address. It has the message ID contained. It will link directly to that message and highlight it in grey. 

0 votes
Steven Cinquegrana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2024

Yes, it's ambiguous; it's not "Copy this link to comment on this comment". it's "Copy this comment's url to link to this comment somewhere else". What I wanted to do was in-line comment on this comment by way of a reply. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2021

Hmmmm, I’m not familiar with this. Screenshot?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events