Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Connect to an external database using Scriptrunner for Jira Cloud Edited

Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible to connect to an external database (Oracle to be specific) by using Scriptrunner for Jira Cloud? I didn't found anything in the official documentation so far.

The workflow should have a transition that will trigger the load to an external database, that's why my first thought is Script Runner, and a simple post-function that fetches the data and Updates the table should do it.

Or maybe another plugin can help - the goal is to update a table with data from Jira.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Marko,

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm that currently it is not possible to connect to an external database with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud as Atlassian does not provide any Rest API's to do this currently.

However, I can confirm we have a feature request board located here and would encourage you to raise a feature request for this if it is something that would be useful to your organisation so that our product owner can see this.

Finally, I can confirm that Scriptrunner for Jira Cloud can intergrate with external systems if the external system provides a rest API as mentioned in the KB article located here and this means if the database exposes a rest API then this could be used to interact with it.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Hello @Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ ,

Thank you for your answer!

BR,
Marko

Hi Marko,

I can confirm we have just made a change as documented in the release notes located here to include some SQL Librays inside of the plugin which will allow you to connect to external databases from SR Jira Cloud which may help you with achieving your requirement.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kristian

Like Z B likes this

That's great @Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ , thank you for informing me, I'll take a look into this!

BR,
Marko

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

94 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you