Configure field layout

Keith Horlock March 27, 2019

in the online instructions for configuring and create issue view, it says that there is "Edit Layout", but I can't find "Edit Layout" anywhere on that portion of my JIRA. Is this related to a premissions thing - like, I don't have enough permission to Edit Layout, so it's not ever going to show up for me, even though I am the administrator for my project?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

Hi Keith, where did you read this? There is an "Issue layout" in Cloud for the detailed issue view but this doesn't apply to the create screen. You can change the order of fields displayed in the Create screen by going to the project settings > issue types > screen scheme and drag/drop to reorder and you can add/remove fields there as well. Again the "Issue Layout" applies to the detailed issue view and you can access via project settings > issue layout. Maybe there is something else so if you can point me to the document you were reviewing I can have a look.

Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Does this also apply to data server clients?

Suggest an answer