Condtional custom fields

Navaneeth Shankar March 1, 2021

I want to create a custom field, where after I select a Yes or No value from a dropdown/Checkbox, the user should be presented with a Multiline text-field. 
Is there a way to achieve this with Jira's inbuilt capabilities instead of the Add-ons?

I tried the List Cascade field type, but that forces me to use both fields as Lists, not as a combo of List and Textfield.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Hi Navaneeth,

No, this is not possible without add-ons in Jira Cloud. And about the only one I have worked with that can do that is ProForma Forms.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-checklist-for-jira?tab=reviews&hosting=datacenter

Thanks for the prompt response John.

Are you aware of any free alternatives to this add-on?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

No, there are no known free alternatives. :-(

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Navaneeth Shankar - Pete from ProForma. We do also have a free version of ProForma that allows you to build three form templates:

ProForma Lite

A form template is the form design. You could use each of your three form templates on as many issues as you need.

Thanks for the mention @John Funk 👋

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

Ah! I forgot about the Lite version! It's been a long time since I used that one.  :-)

Like Peter Preston likes this

Thanks @Peter Preston  and @John Funk . Will definitely give the proforma lite a try.

Like # people like this
SAI ABHIRAM CHUNDURU November 3, 2021

Hi @Peter Preston , 

I just found this post and your suggestion to be a helping one to me . Unfortunately, I only see the server version or the data center version for this Proforma lite . Can the same be used for JIRA cloud (Jira service management) as well ? I tried download each one of the versions and tried upload back to the project under manage apps section but was helpless.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance

Like Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2021

Hi @SAI ABHIRAM CHUNDURU 👋

The ProForma cloud apps were recently removed from the Marketplace as we get closer to launching the ProForma form builder as an integrated feature set within Jira. I'm not able to share the details of that integration yet, but keep an eye on the Community - we'll share an update about it here. 

Like # people like this
SAI ABHIRAM CHUNDURU November 4, 2021

Hello @Peter Preston , 

Sure !! Thank you for the information.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer