Company based Project - EPIC or Story or Task doesn't show up after creation under All issues

Raj Varadan September 18, 2022

Created a new PoC project called JIRA POC as a Company based scrum project. After the project is created successfully, went to the backlog and created an Epic both from the Epic Tab and also from the Main navigation Create button. It says the issues are getting created. However, I am unable to see the issues under backlog or search or all issues. See the attached link (Video attached)

1. Looked at the community posting and checked did I have any column status mismatches on my board settings. Everything looks correct to me. See attached
  2. Created a new Team level project and I see can see the newly created issues under backlog, all issues, and search.

I am having the Org Admin role. We were cleaning up the Issue permissions from default, I did check the permissions again with the defaults as well. Unable to figure out the issue.

Project permsiion settings.jpgBoard Settings - Columns.jpg

A small video recording to show my screen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14dxA9Hh1srHpE9md1BpxfYAagmm-96ow/view?usp=sharing

Please help,

Best, Raj

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

Hello @Raj Varadan 

When you created your project, did you select the option to Share Settings With Another Project?

Can you check if there is an Issue Security Scheme assigned to your project?

It could be that you have an Issue Security Scheme applied to your project which is preventing you from seeing issues except when they are assigned to you.

Raj Varadan September 20, 2022

Thank you, Trudy. You will be laughing if I tell you this. As I created the project, I assumed I would be automatically added to the project. It looks like I didn't see my name under People on the project. I said my name and everything looked good then after. Interesting indeed.

Thank you again for your assistance.

0 votes
Raj Varadan September 18, 2022

Update - 

This is weird. I got some good news. By default the Issue I created I selected the Assigned as Automatic, now instead of that, I selected my Name. The issues are starting to show up under all issues. I imagine what happened to the other issues. Even as an Admin I can't see the issue which was created with Assignee option Automatic.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events