Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Comment on Multiple Issues from Email Edited

I have a use case that requires us to schedule events associated with tickets, and our project managers want to know the dates that events are scheduled for. We have set up the email handlers such that if I have a single ticket in the subject line, that ticket receives the email content as a comment successfully, however we routinely have events that cover 4 or 5 tickets in a single event. 

I would like to put the different tickets in the subject with some sort of delimiter, and have the comment be applied to all the tickets but I've only been successful processing the first ticket that the mail handler finds. I've looked at the below articles, in addition to many more and I'm pretty stuck. 

Create issues and comments from email 

Add comments to multiple requests at the same time

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

Jira email handling functionality does not natively support updating multiple issues from a single email.

You might look at this third party app that extends email handling functionality to see if it has something that might help.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

62 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you