Comment on Multiple Issues from Email

Ryan Geddings July 9, 2021

I have a use case that requires us to schedule events associated with tickets, and our project managers want to know the dates that events are scheduled for. We have set up the email handlers such that if I have a single ticket in the subject line, that ticket receives the email content as a comment successfully, however we routinely have events that cover 4 or 5 tickets in a single event. 

I would like to put the different tickets in the subject with some sort of delimiter, and have the comment be applied to all the tickets but I've only been successful processing the first ticket that the mail handler finds. I've looked at the below articles, in addition to many more and I'm pretty stuck. 

Create issues and comments from email 

Add comments to multiple requests at the same time

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

Jira email handling functionality does not natively support updating multiple issues from a single email.

You might look at this third party app that extends email handling functionality to see if it has something that might help.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events