Cloud to Cloud migration

Deleted user June 10, 2021

Am looking for details/instructions on how to move one cloud instance to another company. We've merged and need to move Cloud to Cloud. Any docs on this?

Need to set up accts for new users...

Need to migrate all items and attachments...

etc.

Help?

2 answers

1 accepted

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

Hello!

For anyone who steps on this thread, the documentation below outlines all the four possible ways to merge two Jira Cloud sites:

Merge multiple Jira Cloud sites 

Additionally, there are a few apps that provide this functionality to achieve this same goal on the Atlassian marketplace.

Thanks!
Petter Gonçalves - Atlassian Support

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

If you are simply moving all projects to an empty instance then you can do a back up in the old instance and restore it to the new instance. However that will wipe out any data you have on your new instance. If you are wanting to merge the two then you would want to either look at the marketplace for an app or export each project’s issues individually and import them into your new  instance . 

Deleted user June 11, 2021

Thanks for the reply. The target/destination cloud instance of JIRA is already up and running with a lot of projects in it. The goal is to 'import' or 'add' this project from the first/original JIRA cloud instance.

I've started looking in https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/app/jira

I'm new to this space- could anyone suggest something in the Marketplace for this? 

Thanks,

Deleted user June 14, 2021

Bump? :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

i haven't used any app so can't recommend any.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

here is another post - Merge-2-Atlassian-Cloud-Instances 

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user June 14, 2021

Thanks. I'm still researching! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin