Cloud - lot's of broken DE translations?!

Patrick Neuner - Futureweb GmbH October 17, 2018

Hey there,

just testing the Atlassian Cloud Products - Standard Language "German" - and it seems like a lot of Translations are missing/broken?

See:

or

Any ideas on that? Not really useable like that?

thx. bye from Austria

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2018

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.
I tried to reproduce this error on my test instance by changing my profile language to German and also the system language to German. The site administration still shows in English, but the "Discover new products" does not show the same as your instance, it shows the names correctly:

Screenshot 2018-10-18_11-48-22.png

Can you please let us know if you changed any other configuration, for example, the language of your browser is also set to German?
What browser are you using? If you use a browser in English, does it show "billing.discover.products.atlassian.title" or it shows correctly?

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Patrick Neuner - Futureweb GmbH October 18, 2018

Hey Angélica,

using Firefox. Seems to be related to Browser Language.

If I select EN as Language everything is working - but when it's DE - it's broken like on my Screenshots ...

bye from Austria

Andreas

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2018

Hi Patrick,

I've installed a DE Firefox and changed the system and profile language to Deutsch, but the "Discover new products" and other menus still show correctly, so I believe that there is another configuration that it's causing this.
Can you please test using firefox in incognito mode? This will helps to confirm if some extension may be causing this.
Also, please open the Developer tools while clicking on "Discover new projects" and send us any error you find.

Best Regards from Brazil,
Angélica

Patrick Neuner - Futureweb GmbH October 22, 2018

Hey Angélica,

Interestingly, I can't reproduce it either since I once switched standard language to EN and then back to DE.

Maybe it was some config Bug in Firefox which was "fixed" switching standard lang.

Will update Thread if it happens again / when I can reproduce it.

Thank you, bye from Austria

Andreas

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2018

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the information.
If you face this issue again, please let us know.

Hope you have a great week!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer