Closed or Done issues appear on the backlog

Kelly Koolen December 6, 2021

Hello,

Recently, we've changed our workflow for all our projects. Now all done issues appears on the backlog of our projects, while they are allocated to previous closed sprints. How could this happen and what should I do to remove them from from the backlogs? 

Hopefully someone can help me! 

BR. Kelly Koolen

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Kelly Koolen ,

JIRA Software does not display issues from the last column of the Scrum board configuration in the backlog section. If your closed issues are not mapped to the last column of the board, then they would be displayed in the backlog.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/closed-or-resolved-issues-appear-in-a-scrum-board-backlog-in-jira-server-779159078.html

Kelly Koolen December 6, 2021

Thanks for anwering. That might be the problem.

But then my question: how to handle 'cancelled' and 'pending' statuses? We do need to separate them by column. So, one column for 'cancelled' and one column for 'done' issues. We need do put 'cancelled' at the last column in order to close a sprint, otherwise that don't work out. 

Like # people like this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Kelly Koolen ,

You can map two statuses to a column. You can craete a column called Completed and map both "Cancelled" and "Done" statuses to it and make sure that the column is placed at the right most. 

Like # people like this
Mike Carryer August 10, 2022

I have items in status Done which is mapped to the last column of the board, but these still appear in the backlog. Is there some other setting that is overriding the behaviour described in this answer as that is what I would expect to happen.

Like # people like this
Bruno H_ Paes March 24, 2023

I have this same problem that Mike has.

My DONE status is mapped to the last column of the board, but those cards still appear in the backlog.

Andrew_Heawood April 19, 2023

Same here.  Lat column = 'Done' and issues with status = Done are mapped to it.  Done issues still apear in the backlog.  Any news on a fix Atlassian?

Teresa Kliegerman June 1, 2023

I have the same problem.  My statuses are all mapped, and done issues still appear in my backlog for one project (the rest of my 30+ projects don't have this symptom, and I've checked project settings)

francoisbruneauliip June 8, 2023

Looks like a found a potential answer which explains it in my case.

You need to get them into the far right hand column of your board, and then close the sprint.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-remove-hide-closed-issues-from-backlog/qaq-p/642735#M211319

Slava Gefen August 13, 2023

Only issues that are put to the last column of a board that are part of ACTIVE sprint (started, but not completed) will be shown in a Backlog of a board. No matter they are resolved or closed. They will disappear when a Sprint will be closed.

1 vote

Hi community! 

I faced with the same problem in Cloud Jira company managed project.

This not helps https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/closed-or-resolved-issues-appear-in-a-scrum-board-backlog-in-jira-server-779159078.html

Anyone fixed that at all?

Eitan Kaplan March 9, 2023

I am having the same problem with Jira Cloud and Scrum Board Backlog

Enrique June 2, 2023

Hello,  My problem is the same as described by @Teresa Kliegerman @Andrew_Heawood @Bruno H_ Paes 

Closed status is the last column as in the link you are recommending which is what @Bruno H_ Paes and Mike indicated and now I am adding myself to the list,

The status is in the last column and the closed ticket, in spite of the fact that are defined in the last column of the board, they are still showing.

Can somebody help, please?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events