Cloning single epic along with Story, task & Subtasks

prabhu chilukuri March 24, 2021

Hi Team,

is there a way to clone the epic along with linked issues(Story, Bug, Task, Sub-Tasks & etc..........) without using add-ons?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi Prabhu,

You will need an add-on like Deep Clone to do that. 

prabhu chilukuri March 24, 2021

Hi John,

Thanks for the Quick response,

I found this "Clone Epic Template for Jira" Free App. What is the difference between These two apps?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

I have not used the Clone Epic Template app, but it might be more specialized just for Epics. Since it is Free, I would say just give it a try and see if it meets your needs.  :-)

_PO_ Roman Dianov March 22, 2023

So... I pay for Jira and it lacks a basic feature of cloning a task with subtasks?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

I believe you can clone a task with subtasks. It's the Epics and their children that are the issue - probably because the parent and the children can span multiple projects, unlike the task/subtask relationship. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events