Cloning a test doesn't clone the steps

Marianne Gendron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2020

Hi, My team is having issues when they're cloning test tickets. The clone works okay but the test steps are not taken into consideration into the cloning process. So our cloned test ticket doesn't have any steps attached to it.

We found some kind of workaround by using the old version of Jira but this doesn't even work all the time. Could you please help us out?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Marianne Gendron  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you please provide more details:

• are you using a testing add-on from the marketplace?
  • how are you trying to clone the testing ticket?

Best regards,

Bill

Marianne Gendron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2020

Hi Bill, I don't know if I'm using an add-on for my tests in Jira. I click on the "clone" button to clone my test.

After some more reasearch, I realised I can't see the test steps if I'm using the new version of Jira. However, if I change the view to the old version, I can then see my test steps.

Thanks

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Thanks; do you mean you can see the steps after cloning in the old view but not in the new one?

If so, I recommend submitting a support ticket for that because everyone is switching over to the new view, regardless of preferences, in March 2021.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud/

Nancy Gonzales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 1, 2020

I am having this same issue.  After clicking to clone a test case, the steps are not copied over.  I am not sure if we are using new view or old view.  I know the board is the classic version. How can we clone and keep the steps?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2020

Hi @Nancy Gonzales  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I just checked again and I do not see any open defects or suggestions on this behavior in the public backlog.  I recommend having your site admin submit a support ticket as that will give them more information to track down the issue.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events