Cloning Epics including Issues and Subtasks

Sara Angel January 5, 2021

Hello, as of this post I am finding different add-ins as well as the Deep Clone (purchase). We will be needing to clone Epics for regression testing templates. The clone will need to include everything but also give the option to set some of the fields to default. I am looking for the best solution for this. Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

@Sara Angel  I agree with John. Deep Clone will be good. I have used it personally.

@Monika Rani Thank you! Appreciate it. 

Like # people like this
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Monika Rani

Welcome to the community, @Sara Angel

I am the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira

• It's indeed possible to clone Epics includig issues and Subtasks with our app (Make sure to select "subtasks" in the epic clone dialog). 
  • You can set issues to default by using the "clone and bulk edit" function.

@Monika Rani, it's great to hear that you already worked with Deep Clone. I hope you liked it.

If you have any questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to get in touch with us

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Hi Sara - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would certainly recommend Deep Clone for that if it is working for you. 

Thanks! @John Funk 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events