Cloned Bug issue ticket

Audra Bonacki January 5, 2018

Hi, out QA team cloned a Bug ticket and now can't close the clone, it is not allowing the workflow options so it is stuck on one status. Even I as the Admin can't move it and they don't want it deleted, just closed. HELP!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hello,

What do you mean by "cant close the clone"? Do you have an error or you do not have the close transition button?

Hi, no transition buttons up top except Assign which is one of the steps in our bug workflow.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

I don't have access to run a query on the database and the integrity checker threw a 500 Internal Server error. :/

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Hi Audra,

In the article Alexey mentioned there is a step that doesn't require access to the database in the event the integrity checker can't fix the issue:

In case the integrity checker is not able to fix the issue:

• Workflow inconsistency : Please move the issue to other issue type then move it back to force JIRA to trigger a workflow remap.

If you do not have access to the database you may need to ask the dba to run the commands on your behalf.  Once you correct this you'll need to review the logs and see what's going on with the integrity checker.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Branden,

When I tried to change the issue type, I got this message "There are no issue types with compatible field configuration and/or workflow associations. The issue type can only be changed by moving this issue"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

You will have to use "move issue" to change the issue type, rather than a simple edit.

Ah ha! That worked. Thanks everyone :D

Suggest an answer