Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Check if within business hours

Edited

Hello community, 

does anyone know how to can I set an expression on an automation rule to trigger an action or another based on the event execution timestamp is within business hour or on non-business hour?

This is applicable to an SLA for which times differ depending on the moment an incident is raised. The logic is basically as follow:

1. Ticket is created at e.g. 10am local time
    1. SLA time to set: 15 mins response time and 2 hours resolution time
  2. Ticket is created at e.g. 4am local time (as it is raised by a team in a different timezone)
    1. SLA time to set: 1 hour response time and 8 hours resolution time

Been unsuccessful at finding a solution for this by reading the documentation and the forum threads... any help out there?

If you reached this far on this post, I want to thank you in advance for the time you dedicated! :)

Regards,

Esteban

1 answer

How are you defining "local time"? Is that a specific timezone always?

it's defined per project (each one is on a different location). Every time I create a ticket im defining the corresponding timezone on a custom fields (which I use later on for different purposes), irrespective of the reporter account settings.

Im using e.g. {{issue.Created.SetTimeZone("Europe/Rome")}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,121 views 34 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you