Changing the site name

Pauline Wade September 14, 2020

I am using the free version and I need to change the site name.

Can you please guide me on how to do this?

2 answers

2 accepted

Dylan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2022

Updating URLs is available for sites that have at least one Jira or Confluence product with a Standard, Premium, or Enterprise plan. You’re unable to update the URL if the site has only Jira Free and Confluence Free.Please read our self help documentation on how to Update a product URL.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

Hi @Pauline Wade ,

Changing the cloud instance URL address or migrating to a new cloud instance.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/changing-the-cloud-instance-url-address-or-migrating-to-a-new-cloud-instance-691011835.html

But I’m not sure if the free version supports this type of change request.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

You can’t change it yourself it requires Atlassian Support but since you are on Free you do not get that support. So your only option would be to create a new free instance or live with what you have or upgrade to standard.

Like # people like this
Pauline Wade September 17, 2020

thank you.

Like Ollie Guan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS