Changing the ownership of a dashboard

alexandra.grudzien June 9, 2021

Hi, 

I am org. admin in atlassian at my workplace. I have tried to follow Atlassian guides on how to change the ownership of a dashboard. According to the guide you are suppose to choose: System -> Shared dahboards -> Open the board -> Press the gearwheel -> Change owner. 

I can only find one puttom where it says "Systems" (next to my profile at the top right) and when I click on that one, I can't find something where it says "Shared dashboard"..... Only >"dashboard system" even then I an't change the owner. 

What should I do to be able to change owner on a dashboard? I where able to change admin but not the owner

Thank you!

Kind regards, Alexandra

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

In the side bar under the system view you should see shared items. And under that category there should be shared dashboards do you not see that? If not please share a screenshot.

alexandra.grudzien June 9, 2021

No I could not see it before, now after I have clicked everywhere and change language it's there. But when I search for the dashboard that I am going to change owner for, it does not come up and it says "Your search criteria did not match any dashboards". Does the current owner share the board with me? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Sounds like the dashboard is not shared. How do you know it exists? have you seen it before and had access to it before?

alexandra.grudzien June 10, 2021

Ok, yes I have seen the board and one of our teams are using it since a year ago. I have not had acces before. But then the problem can be that the person who is owner right now need sto share it?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

I’m not quite sure I’m following you. However my point is if you can’t find the dashboard at all when you search for it, either it does not exist or it is not shared. If you go to the system > shared boards and you can’t find it then It either does not exist or it is not shared and you can’t change the owner.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events