Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Changing background color of an issue on the board based on a criteria

Hi,

I use kanban board in my support team and the focus is to give answer to customer as quickly as possible. I have issues in a certain column and it works fine for the moment. However, I want to improve the visual appearance of the board and do the following: If the transition to "Reopened" is <2d, set the background of the particular issue in green, if it is <5d and >2d, orange, >5d set it to red. Could you please let me know if this (something similar) is possible in JIRA (or with an extention)? 

4 answers

2 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
Jun 29, 2017 • edited

Hi Aykut,

One option is to set the card color for the issue based on the query.  If you go to the Board > Configure > Card colours and choose Colours based on Queries you can enter a query such as the ones you have above and the issue that matches will have a background card color based on the query.

Cheers,

Branden

This worked perfectly!  I created a label called "Discussion" and then set the card colour based on the query labels = Discussion.  I also used this label to add a gadget to the team dashboard, showing a list of all the issues with the label "Discussion".

Thanks!

I am looking for an answer as well. I have Card Colours, but it only lines the side of the card with that color. How can you configure it where the whole card is that color?

Martin Boller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2023

Have the same question .. would prefer the entire card changes - not just a tiny line on a side.

Hi,

In my version of Jira there is no Board > Configure > Card colours.

Once I go into the board, I only have Project Setting and there is no Card option?

You have to go under board settings in the top right, not project settings.

Hello bud! Did you find an answer for this question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events