Change of status in cloned-escalated incident

Tamara May 9, 2023

Hello,

I have tried several options to make a rule in Jira. Please help me if you can help me.

In Jira service management I have an automatism to escalate incidents through a clone to the corresponding customer project, so I have in ITSM the original incident created by the customer and on the other hand linked the incident for IT.

The problem is that I can't manage to update the status of the client's incident at the same time as the IT one when it is moved to in progress for example.

How would the automatisms be in this case? should I do it inside the one I have created for the escalation?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Thibaut Subra _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Hello @Tamara 

I red your post and I'm just letting you know that with our app Copy & Sync, you can easily copy and synchronize issues between two projects (in your case setting up an escalation from an ITSM project to an IT project). We also manage workflows so you can match status and status changes between two issues in real-time, even if they don't have the same workflow.

See an example of how you can synchronize statuses between issues. by mapping source and target status.

You can also add our recipes as a post-function directly into Jira Automation if you want.

Anyway, I'll be glad to help if you need assistance!

Our app is free under 10 users and there is a 30-Day trial from 10 or more users.

Regards

Tamara May 9, 2023

Hi, 

I need crearte automation free. Thanks. 

Regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin