Change attachment location for backup on different server.

jameshartleroad August 15, 2022

If restoring a backup of JIRA on a different server and can't create a link with the existing attachment directory location to the new location is there another way to reload jira with all of the attachments or change the attachment directory location?

For example if current server attachments are at /p123/jira/data/attachments and on the new server need to create them at /s456/jira/data/attachments without creating a link of /p123/jira/data/attachments to /s456/jira/data/attachments.

2 answers

0 votes
jameshartleroad August 16, 2022

When I restored the JIRA production backup on a development machine to do some testing I can't change the attachment directory in all the existing issues from /production/.... to /development/...  so there are a lot of errors due to the attachments not being found in the exiting tickets and it takes longer to start JIRA.

From what I've read, it seems the main solution is to create a link.  Seems like there should be a process to handle a directory change to support needing to move JIRA from one server to another...  So, was curious if anyone had an alternate solution than creating the link.... 

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hi @jameshartleroad 

Not sure to undestant but you can copy the attachments and logo folder from the production JIRA_HOME directory to your Test JIRA_HOME directory.

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events