Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Change Custom Field value if selected another Custom Field

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my custom fields, scenario is when i click Custom A, then Value of Custom B will be changed based on the reference need by custom A.

Example:

Custom A picklist (Sports, News) when Sports selected display selection of (Basketball, Golf, Etc) if News is selected then displayed (ANC, CBS, ETC) in Custom B.

Thank you in Advanced

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz Community Leader Apr 16, 2021

Hi @Ariel Justiniano 

Welcome to community !!

What about doing it in a one field? You can create a 'cascading select list' custom field without an add-on.

Best

John Funk Community Leader Apr 16, 2021

Yes, you are only going to be able to do that in Cloud with a cascading select list type field or by using an add-on like ProForma Forms. 

Thank you i was now able to proceed.

Like John Funk likes this

Hey John, is it possible to add a cascading multi select list custom field in jira cloud software project?. I mean if I want to select more than one option in first drop down let say Sports and News both w.r.t Ariel's example, then in second drop I can select multiple value from both categories may be BasketBall, ANC and CBS etc.

John Funk Community Leader May 17, 2022

No, the cascading custom field is a single select only. 

Okay, thanks John

Like John Funk likes this

Hi @Ariel Justiniano 

If you're looking for a solution which allows creating more than two standard levels of cascading select, try our app Multilevel Select for Jira. Our team created such an app on the Atlassian Codegeist 2021 (the winner of the Honorable Mentions award 🎉).

We've also already published an article for #apptoberfest to present how this app works:  🍂🍻Apptoberfest Demo🍂🍻: Multilevel Select for Jira. If you enjoy it, leave a comment and like.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events