Change Custom Field value if selected another Custom Field

Ariel Justiniano April 16, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my custom fields, scenario is when i click Custom A, then Value of Custom B will be changed based on the reference need by custom A.

Example:

Custom A picklist (Sports, News) when Sports selected display selection of (Basketball, Golf, Etc) if News is selected then displayed (ANC, CBS, ETC) in Custom B.

Thank you in Advanced

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Hi @Ariel Justiniano 

Welcome to community !!

What about doing it in a one field? You can create a 'cascading select list' custom field without an add-on.

Best

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Yes, you are only going to be able to do that in Cloud with a cascading select list type field or by using an add-on like ProForma Forms. 

Ariel Justiniano April 16, 2021

Thank you i was now able to proceed.

Like John Funk likes this
Geetanjali Sharma May 17, 2022

Hey John, is it possible to add a cascading multi select list custom field in jira cloud software project?. I mean if I want to select more than one option in first drop down let say Sports and News both w.r.t Ariel's example, then in second drop I can select multiple value from both categories may be BasketBall, ANC and CBS etc.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

No, the cascading custom field is a single select only. 

Geetanjali Sharma May 17, 2022

Okay, thanks John

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Hi @Ariel Justiniano 

If you're looking for a solution which allows creating more than two standard levels of cascading select, try our app Multilevel Select for Jira. Our team created such an app on the Atlassian Codegeist 2021 (the winner of the Honorable Mentions award 🎉).

We've also already published an article for #apptoberfest to present how this app works:  🍂🍻Apptoberfest Demo🍂🍻: Multilevel Select for Jira. If you enjoy it, leave a comment and like.

Cheers

Suggest an answer